Estrumate® (cloprostenol injection)
Estrumate® is a veterinarian prescribed medication used as a luteolytic agent
- The luteolytic action of Estrumate® can be utilized to manipulate the estrous cycle
- Used to terminate pregnancies resulting from mis-matings
- Used to treat certain conditions associated with prolonged luteal function
Storage, Dosage and Administration
- Store between 36 to 86°F
- Use within 28 days of first puncture
- Inject 1.0 ml, or as directed by veterinarian, into deep muscle tissue
- The base of the neck or rump are acceptable
- Follow all prescribed protocol instructions from Reproduction Specialty Group, Inc.
- Contact RSG if prescribed protocol dosage and timing is missed
- Administration of Estrumate® is short-acting and for short-term use as directed
Warning: Women of childbearing age, asthmatics, and persons with bronchial and other respiratory problems should exercise extreme caution when handling this product. In the early stages, women may be unaware of their pregnancies. Estrumate prostaglandin is readily absorbed through the skin and may cause an abortion and/or bronchiospasms. Direct contact with the skin should therefore be avoided. Accidental spillage on the skin should be washed off immediately with soap and water.
See package insert for additional information.
FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
Restricted drug (California) – Use only as directed.
Disposal: Follow all applicable local, state and federal laws